Flightmed archive for August-2002

Re: RT question, BiPap-v-CPAP (+scenario)

Thanks, usefull info. Will have to research our vent, and play with the test lung for a bit...

Fly Safe.
Ken L-W CCEMT-P/WMT

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

--- message from Fltrt@aol.com attached:

TO mimic Bi Pap you must have a ventilator that can give both Pressure Support and Peep/CPAP. You will need to set the Pressure support for the high limit i.e. IPAP and set CPAP for the EPAP. you will need to set plenty of flow and adjust to patient comfort. I must confess that it is an art to make it work well. I also feel that it is NOT BiPap so the sending facility or medical control must understand (and It must be charted) it is pressure support with cpap or peep.
Mike

© 2000 -- Website created by Rollie Parrish | Credits | Last modified: 08/07/02