Flightmed archive for April-2002

Re: transfer of care

Hi Lindy,

In no way do I want to re-ignite the RN vs. EMT-P issue, but I find it curious that your service requires all medics to obtain RN licensure.  Where is your program - is it in the US?  When you were hired, what were you told about management's reasons behind this?  How long do you have to upgrade to RN?  What is your flight mix (scene vs. IF)?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Shuken
Paramedic
AMR
Oakland, Calif.

Medical Relief Foundation, improving medical care for the people of developing countries.
www.medicalrelieffoundation.org

© 2000 -- Website created by Rollie Parrish | Credits | Last modified: 04/26/02