Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 12:32 PM
Subject: transfer of care

Is the practice of transferring patient care from flight RN to ground paramedic happening in other programs besides mine? In other words, the patient is handed off to an ALS unit at the destination and taken into the hospital by local paramedics.  We do this occasionally if the patient care required is within the scope of paramedic practice and the patient does not need our monitoring or equipment.  I would like some feedback on this subject.  I'm not very comfortable with turning over patient care. Lindy B.  CFRN

© 2000 -- Website created by Rollie Parrish | Credits | Last modified: 04/26/02