Flightmed archive for April-2002

Re: transfer of care

Lindy,

       Just curious but are you referring to fixed wing?  I know I do not
hand over care to anyone that picks us up at all no matter what the level.
We have to rely on transfer services to pick us up and I do not feel
comfortable giving up my patient care except to the receiving Hospital.  If I
pick up a patient that patient is with me from facility to facility and no in
between drop off points.  Thanks,  Karen/TX