Flightmed archive for April-2002

Re: Turf battles

I see and hear (within our service and others) the discussions that
occur on this site daily.  Air transport is truly a unique profession,
Ground EMS is a unique profession, critical care, hospital or transport,
is a unique profession. Making administration, family etc understand is
very difficult but it does not grind to a halt the job YOU do.  With
that in mind, look at the person next to you, be it in an airplane,
helicopter, ICU, ER, or ground ambulance.  Alphabet soup aside your
partner is your back-up as you are for them.  Is there a level of trust,
is there a level of respect, do you look at their face or their
credentials on the name tag.  Do you see that person for the quality and
talent they bring to your team and this profession or do you see the
alphabet soup following their name.  Does anyone of us know it all or
have the answers to all the different and ugly things we see daily.
When your partner is having a difficult time with a problematic patient
do you sit back and watch, say jeez,  if you were only as good as I, if
you only had my credentials, if you just listened to me you would not be
in the situation you are in now; or do you jump in and give a helping
hand, work together, or do you stand your ground and say "move aside and
let the expert handle this one".  If that is your attitude,
well.....enough said.  I have included a Code of Ethics adopted by our
FLIGHT TEAM below. jdh

	BE SAFE

	DO WHAT IS BEST FOR YOUR PATIENT

	DO WHAT IS BEST FOR THE CRITICAL CARE TRANSPORT SYSTEM

	BE HONEST

	RESPECT AND HELP OTHERS

	WORK HARD

	HAVE FUN

	ADVANCE YOUR PROFESSION AND YOURSELF

	WORK FOR FAIR COMPENSATION

	DOCUMENT YOUR EFFORTS TO HELP YOUR PATIENT, YOURSELF AND YOUR
PROFESSION

	BE COOPERATIVE

	BEHAVE PROPERLY

>>> jim.kendrick@worldnet.att.net 04/04/02 10:45AM >>>