Flightmed archive for April-2002

Re: Turf battles

It sounds to me like we are more worried about who is invading our turf than what level of care each
person can offer the patient.This should be a team effort, not a battle of skills! Once the skids touch
the ground the alphabet soup should disappear. It should not matter, RN, Medic, RT, or MD, we are on
scene to do a job not worry about how I should be doing that procedure instead of the RT, or I should
push the Sux not the Medic. Who is the closest? Who is more familiar? Worry about how to stabilize and
package in the fastest, safest way possible. Provide the best (legal) care you can and work as a TEAM!!!

Fly & Transport Safe.