Flightmed archive for January-2002

Re: Services using LMA's

David

Mercy Flight Central carries both the LMA and Combitube as back-up airway devices. I should say that the general consensus as far as which device is better for use in the air medical setting, at least among myself and my co-workers, falls to the Combitube. No one, to the best of my knowledge, has used an LMA at Mercy Flight Central since we began to carry them approximately two years ago, although we are all required to demonstrate proficiency in thier use at our quarterly airway skills sessions.

Adam Oplinger NREMT-P