Re: Where were you when...

Upon the initial news reports of the incident, flight operations was
contacted by myself as well as contacting my chief Flight Paramedic.
Knowing that we would not be part of the initial response we prepared for
the long term response in the event that patients needed to be relocated to
other facilities in other states for specialty care, in addition to freeing
up the hospitals in the area.  Once this escalated to a higher level and all
air travel was grounded, we subsequently were grounded as well.  At that
point all of my non fire department personell wwere notified and put on
alert in the event we were requested for our services.  Schedules were
obtained for availability, and bags were packed.  We remained grounded until
Thursday afternoon.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the families, friends and coworkers
of the entire emergency service community as well as our civilian heroes.
They will all be missed.

I think we all are taking the smaller things in life more conscientously as
we progress wit hour lives form here on out.

God Bless everyone and Fly Safe

Michael D. Graf NREMT-P
Director Air Medical Operations
Able American JEts