Re: Where were you when...

On Tuesday morning we on our way to a PR (an MCI drill, ironically) for one of
our off shore islands.  Brunswick Naval Air gave us a call, asked if we had a
patient on board.  When we answered "no" we were told to abort our flight and
return directly to our base. We were unable to get clearance for the next few
hours, and even had a request turned down by the FAA for a flight to the
Boston area, Hanscom Field in Bedford.  Like most that have posted, we were
back in service Wednesday contacting the FAA for all our subsequent flights. They assigned a transponder code and radio frequency prior to liftoff.

Paul G. Marcolini CCEMT-P
Flight Paramedic
Program Coordinator LifeFlight of Maine
Lewiston Base