From: flightmed-admin@flightweb.com
[mailto:flightmed-admin@flightweb.com]On Behalf Of Tom Waters
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 19:23
To: flightmed@flightweb.com
Subject: RW Scene Response

Greetings.  I just came back to duty after being off since Tuesday.  In
my morning briefing as supervisor, and according to my FBO operator,
under the current FAA restrictions, even Rotorcraft (and other VFR Only
aircraft) are supposed to file an IFR Flightplan before liftoff; even
for a scene response.  But yet another person interpreted the ruling
that Lifeguard flights don't have to follow that guideline, at least for
SCENE responses.
Can anyone out there tell me what your program is doing currently, and
where to reference for the FAA regs?
Thanks

Tom Waters, NREMTP, CCEMTP
Medical Air Transport