Re: Sternal IOI Device

Air Life of Oregon began using the FAST IO earlier this year.  I have personally used it twice. Once with good success and @ 1 liter IVF in and 1 unit RBC's infused before I met resistance infusing. By that time though the patient had enough intravascular volume that I was able to establish a 16g IV peripherally. My second attempt was on an obese woman c a flail chest and the  metal tip separated from the plastic angio c the considerable pressure you need to apply to the device to fire it and the lack of a firm "purchase" I was able to get on her unstable chest.  Regards