Re: Patient Belongings

We have a documentation area on our nurse's notes where we have to document what belongings we transported as well as the name of the person we gave then to at the receiving facility.  We transport their belongings in any container that they provide to us.
However, if there are family members that are coming to the receiving facility within a reasonable amount of time, we request that they handle the patient's belongings-relieving us of that responsibility.

Marc Augsburger RN,C
Flight Nurse
St. Vincents/MCO/St. Rita's Life Flight
Toledo & Lima, OH