Flightmed archive for August-2001

OB monitoring

Esteemed colleagues:
We've recently changed our protocol for OB transports to indicate that fetal heart tones are to be evaluated every 15 minutes (instead of every 5).

Still....

Using the Doppler effectively in the AS350 requires that we unbelt and remove our helmet for the duration of the access.

Is anyone utilizing a more effective system for this type of transport?

Thanks,

Paul Hudson, Flight Paramedic
Life Flight, Des Moines