Flightmed archive for August-2001

RE: Flying patients to other hospitals

> >If you accept a flight for a physician at another facility to transfer a
> >patient to yet a third facility then the patient goes to that
> >third facility.
> >Those were the terms under which you accepted the flight.

A point well-taken, but I would hope that the communication center would
have been informed of the policy and would decline the flight at the time of
the request.  Clearly, once the flight has been accepted, the program is
obligated to do what they have agreed to do.

regards!

paul

Paul M. Wright, Jr.
Mesa, AZ