Flightmed archive for July-2001

Re: helmets

You can also get retrofit kits now to install active noise reduction in
helmets and passive headsets. The price isn't bad and they work. I only use
active noise reduction headsets now in my own plane and they are amazing;
they make the engine drone virtually disappear. However, the active
circuitry only cancels 300Hz and below, so I'm not sure how much jet turbine
noise they would touch.

Charlie Freeman
DHART