Flightmed archive for June-2001

Re: A reply for Kenneth Conn

P.R.

Well put...!!  Regardless of your opinions of Air Evac, those of us who have
been in this business for years understand that, while we love the job we do,
our most important task is to return home to our families at the end of the
shift.  If you have any doubt (and I mean ANY doubt) about the safety of
flights you are taking, you had better look for another air medical employer.
Ken, best of luck to you and the rest of your crews and, as our brethren, our
thoughts and prayers are with you all as you fly.  My only word of caution
would be to understand the risks involved in this profession and ask yourself,
if you were put in a situation in which you did not feel comfortable, would
your pilot, partner, and company support an abort call.  If not.....

Sincerely
C. Vaughan RN CEN CCRN
Flight Nurse