Flightmed archive for March-2001

RE: request for advise

Oliver:

An alternative to starting your own airmedical
transport/Part 135 service would be to lease the
aircraft to a local already established service. A
look in your local yellow pages or a call to a few
local airports should yield some contact information.
It doesn't hurt for an operator to have a diverse
selection of aircraft to choose from for a particular
mission.

At least in my area of the country, fixed wing
transport can be a pretty cutthroat business, and not
well regulated for assurance of quality. If your
aircraft owner doesn't want to let him or herself in
for that, leasing the aircraft may be the best
alternative.

Good luck!

Laurie Romig, MD
Bayflite, St. Pete, FL
(and former fixed wing medical director)
--- OliverBohnsack <oliverbohnsack@earthlink.net>