Flightmed archive for March-2001

Re:

There was a published study in either JAMA or Annals of Emerg Med back
around 1990 that attempted to measure patient outcomes in ground vs air
evacuation from the scenes of Motor Vehicle Accidents. If memory serves,
they determined that outcomes were not significantly affected when the
patient was less than 18 ground miles from the receiving trauma center,
regardless of the mode of transport.

Sorry I can't be of more help..

John Linko
Grand Junction, Colo
(We will likely be living that debate for a while)